Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The Dance of Diamonds

The Dance of Diamonds
Hand dyed cottons and silks,
fused and machine quilted. 20.5 x 20"



This is a second version of my quilt Dancing Diamonds II, which I made quite some time ago, and which sold that very day. Now a publisher wants to use it as the cover and the interior design of a textbook. Since I didn't have a large enough photograph for their needs, I suggested that I could make a new version.
To remake it, since I didn't have a pattern, I just made lots of diamonds and then like a puzzle, fitted them together in lines. Then I made individual background diamonds from silk to slip under the top diamonds which were mostly cottons. Fusing those together gave me the center, and then I cut the background to fit under the peaks of the diamond center. Easier than it sounds.

9 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! Are you selling this quilt???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! Didn't read the post well enough - see that the quilt is being sent to a publisher. Let me know when if you make a third Dancing Diamonds! Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! This is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is a neat thing to happen! The remake is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see why it is a cover shot, beautiful happiness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this happy quilt! Don't think anyone could not look at this and smile and enjoy the day. Glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The information is very useful and useful, awaited your next article

    Agen Domino Terpercaya
    Judi Poker
    Poker
    Agen Poker

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com