Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Make Me A Quilt : Karen

Treehouse for Karen
Hand dyed cottons and silks, commercial cottons,
Hand embellished with buttons and embroidery
Machine quilted, fused, 18.5" x 22"






This was just the sort of quilt that I was in the mood to make, so once I got started (mind you, it took several days of getting other stuff out of the way) I sailed right through to the finish line. Since Karen mentioned purple ( I love purple, turquoise, maroon, pinks, red, yellow and green) I knew I had just the fabric for the sky, and having saved this house shape for just such an opportunity, that was ready to use also. More intricate trees are showing up in the work of late, and more dots, triangles and lines complete the theme.
Everything conspired to make this a dee-licious project, with a sunny working day, good music on Pandora, (Ray Price since he just died) and a cleaned up studio.
+++++
I have been away from the blog because of the last smidges of the renovation, including on more trip to buy supplies at Ace and Lowe's. It's all done now, except some grouting that I volunteered to finish. The new parts of the house make the old parts more obvious, but methinks I am done with remodeling for a long while. I'd take photos, but we are already busy making messes, so until it is all neat again, just know that I am happily living in my dream home, pretty much.

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

  1. This has got to be one of my favorites! Isnt it nice to be content with your surroundings? Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this quilt. I especially love that it is literally a tree house but such great colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful quilt. I love the tree in the house!!!
    So glad your remodel is finished and that you are so happy with the result. I'll look forward to seeing before/after photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:52 PM

    Oh I love it! Can't wait to see it in person. You done good girl!!! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy from Northport10:06 PM

    Just lovely!
    Especially love the colors and the quilting...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful piece! I love the detailed tree in the house that glows with sunlight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are amazing! It glows! And I love the addition of the buttons (which, if you'd asked) I'm sure I would have said no!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky you! Nearly done!
    We are just beginning. We haven't even moved all our stuff in (because we can't fit it all in) and already have plans for changes. Argh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh....buttons! One of my signature styles! Now, if I only could get the rest of your talent! Such a beautiful piece!

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com