Friday, October 18, 2013

Progress Report




The bathroom tile has been in for about a week, but the trim tile is still unfinished. First I was told to buy the wrong amount, and then when I bought the right amount, I came home with the wrong size. Grrr. I have made a lot of trips to Lowe's over the past month. A LOT. And it's not even close to being over. Still it is so worth it. I love the new porcelain tile, and it has a bit of a shine. So nice.
I almost forgot to get photos of the new floor in my bedroom. Here is Dave placing the bedframe down carefully. We put little pads under the legs of everything that went into this room, just in case. The floor is Pergo Whiteside Pine which we hope to sorta match when we paint the living room and kitchen pine floors. O what a happy day that will be, for me at least.



The walk in closet is almost complete, except for the drywall finish, baseboards and painting. But still we had to try it out with all the things sitting in the living room. Drywall guys return today, so this stuff will have to wheel out again. O well.


I am giddy over the new floor and have arranged my bedroom for the millionth time. A glimpse of what is still left in the living room, which will find a home somewhere...when this is all done.


Tony claims his spot, immediately! You may have noticed that the lime green bed frame is now white. We painted it last week in anticipation of moving it to Dave's room when that space is finished. I'm going back to the twin size bed. Hopefully the dawgs will find the bigger bed with Dave more accommodating.
++++
I have been very busy with the contractors and have had almost no time or energy for other creative pursuits. They arrive before I am even dressed, or done looking at Pinterest! We confer, I make a list of what supplies are currently needed and then I go to town for them. I don't pay myself, so I am saving some bucks there. When all this is completed I will have a Masters in bathroom building.


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. It's coming together so beautifully! I love the look of the lime walls with the awesome chair and footstool against the light floor. It looks clean, crisp and homey. The bathroom tile is beautiful. I love the "grain" in the tile. You deserve a PhD in remodeling! Can't wait to see it when it's done. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really wonderful. You're going to love all your new spaces and I'm sure you will rearrange many times. You are a girl after my own heart. I rearrang at least some furniture every Thursday. There's a tangible feeling about something different in a room that I just love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the lime with the blue, exciting and restful at the same time. Happy days head :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that insert in the bathroom for the quilt magazines and of course toilet tissue. Purchased piece or made. 2 rolls also also good.

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com