Saturday, September 07, 2013
Hand dyed cottons, fused, hand embroidered and machine quilted.
17 1/2 x21 3/8"
I loved making this piece! The fabrics I have been saving for a special occasion were just the thing to make this idea come to life. And then I tried to photograph it to show the true color and was super frustrated, until this morning when I realized I have the perfect overhead fluorescent lighting in my kitchen! ha! So I clipped the quilt onto my microwave and took some shots.
Weird of me, I know, but it is so important to show the color properly. The green is deep and dark and the quilting is red cotton 30wt thread, so the contrast makes it hard for the camera to capture it.
The green looks different in each photo, but it is nearly right in one or the other.
Note: Paula asked for orange (bright to rust), olive, moss, lime, you could add purple, blue, turquoise - whatever you think.
I managed to get most of those color choices in here, plus lots more yellow and red than requested. O well. Artistic license!
at 7:51 AM