Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Before and Midway

I was having a quiet morning, dinkin' around on Pinterest when Dave and his friend Carl decided to rip up the tile in the studio. It will be a couple of weeks before construction starts, but why not start the demolition asap? One must have before and after pictures so that is what I have for you today.

The hallway had different tile, stuck on with a mastic of some kind and that left a very sticky surface so Dave put down some trellis scraps to walk on. The before picture shows that particular tile. We spent sometime this morning looking at bathroom décor ideas I had collected on my Pinterest bath ideas board. This helped Dave visualize what could be done with his boudoir. We are keeping with the Coastal Cottage theme...as if we live on North Carolina shoreline. ha!


I read all your comments about the coldness of the floor with tile. Not to worry. I will be mostly standing on the vinyl floors up in the loft, which are very warm. And I already have a rubberized mat to stand upon when I wash dishes on our pine floor. And of course we will have small washable throw rugs for the dogs to hair-up and spend hours contentedly licking.



Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. great minds and all that. These are the tiles that the kids put in their bath and great room. They are so nice. Same color I think-kind of an oatmeal/touch of gray.
    You will love them. 'ovest, D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to be so great. I love seeing the progress and the fact that you use such happy colors in your home. I don't have a white wall in mine and love the mood the various colors (including a red bathroom!) bring. Thanks for sharing. This is fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melody, I don't know if you saw them but our Lowes has a porcelain tile that is 6" x 24" that looks like handscraped hardwood. Very realistic. I just got through laying this tile in my daughter's bathroom and it looks amazing. I can send pics if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:35 PM

    My no updates 30 year old house is in need of floors...there are dogs so I am very interested in how that project ends up six months from now. Cleaning up after dogs is the first priority now that this body does not bend the way it use to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:16 AM

    We have tile floors throughout the house and they are wonderful. No scratches, easy to clean, long wear. We do have radiant heat but also wear thin slippers in the house anyway year round. Like the coastal theme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful space...looking forward to seeing the "after" photos too. I have a small office in our loft where I like to work on my photos...finally printed a few and hung them...wish I had done that years ago!

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com