Wednesday, March 06, 2013

From the Attic


 I haven't a clue what the name of this quilt is, or know for sure when it was made, but it would have to be around the time I did Leaf Light. Which was when? O geesh. I looked through my old blog posts, over 2400 of them and got tired of looking. Darn, I wish I had labeled this piece when I made it. I am ashamed...sorta. O well. It measures 25x35" is all my hand dyed cottons and silks (so pretty!) and is fused and machine quilted. I can tell that the blue dye was that intense blue which is no longer available from Pro Chem.
Then I remembered that this was made from a sketch, which happened in some hotel room somewhere, on  a notepad from the night stand. I brought them home and pasted them in my sketchbook, and then started to make the pieces.
 

Funny that I can remember making the sketches, but not the title or date of the piece. Good luck to future archivists of my work! Which is a joke in itself, since I never keep track of who bought a piece, or where it now resides. I am awful.
Let's call it Split Circles, $250. Sold

Cantilever
Hand dyed cottons, fused, hand and machine quilted, 17x20"  $250.
 Detail of the hand quilting.


Sequins and Schnibbles, 15.5x 21" $250
Hand dyed cottons and silks and cheesecloth, fused, hand and machine quilted, with thread schnibbles and sequins. No date again. O well. 
It's a shame that I don't have more wall space in this house, to hang these pieces, so no doubt they will return to the attic bag.






















Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Pro Chem does list an intense blue-are you saying they changed it? These quilts are great, thanks for showing some of your older pieces we have forgotten about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the quilts you have shown recently (They are really lovely) and thanks for sharing the sketches too. Do you just doodle until you like the design or do you have an idea in mind before you start doodling??

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com