Saturday, November 03, 2012

Blogaversary Number Eight

 
November 4, 2004 was my first posting, and many dopey self portraits followed. Why I don't wait until the sleep has left my eyes to take a picture, I can't explain. Most of my pics are shot before 7 am.
 And the worst are in the bathroom mirror. O well. It is the record of life that matters, and I have that in spades. The blog has maintained what modicum of sanity I possess, has helped a great deal to win arguments about when things happened (ha!) and reminded me that I have way too much time on my hands. And of course has kept me in touch with you, the very best part.

 Yes, I have been away from the blog this week, having not much going on but sitting and knitting. Thursday I got my knee MRI'ed which was easy and the results will be as expected, a fix of the torn meniscus. I will have a fast recovery and then it is back to business. In the meantime, my quilt class is full (scheduled for 11/8/12) and I am so looking forward to getting newbies excited about quilting. Yay!
The menagerie is doing well, but I have been missing seeing the fish, as the pond is just about covered with leaves. The Dawgs love to run in the heaps of leaves, and are so happy that today the temps are getting back to the 70's. Perhaps Dave will get the leaf blower out today and corral some of the fallen debris from the big wind storm of the past days.




 

Some Dawg portraits from the past year, and a family picture of Dave as nap leader.

This month we are scheduled to see the docs at Vanderbilt University, where they are doing lots of research on Parkinson's, and are looking forward to seeing what they have to say.








  
Posted by Picasa

19 comments:

  1. Happy Blogiversary! I have enjoyed following you for quite some time. I never even noticed the sleep in your eyes as your smile always catches my attention first!I pray all goes well with all doctor visits. Keep the posts coming - your work is so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogiversary!!! I have really enjoyed reading your blog, and I am looking forward to many more blog posts:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blogiversary!!! Enjoy your posts, your knitting and quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Blogiversary! Great pictures, smile full of energy. Had a torn meniscus in 1971, medical technology has come a long way for this. Prayers for successful surgery and speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on 8 years... really the congrats should go to all of us - your viewing public. We're the lucky ones! Thank you for all the 8 - I've only been around for 3 or 4 of them.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melissa1:46 PM

    You always brighten my day with your beautiful photos and insightful comments. Your design sense is a great inspiration to me ... thank you for sharing your life's meanderings. Best of luck with doctor visits ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations with the 8 years blogging. I'm only following you for the past year, but I'm always inspired and love to read it. Keep on blogging!

    Groetjes,
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've SO enjoyed reading your blog over the last few years. It's full of energy and color, which I love. Good luck with the medical visits -- both for your knee and Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Blogaversary! I too enjoy seeing what you're up to, so keep it up.
    I hope you find out some good things at the research centre. I know I've seen some news items recently about some new treatments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy blogaversary Melody! Your blog inspires me to make my blog prettier. I love hearing about your knitting, gardening, quilting, and dawns (pug lover here!)

    I hope you will have a speedy recovery from your surgery, and really hope you will get some good info from Vanderbilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Happy Blogaversary! I can say that without a doubt, my life would be very different if you hadn't started blogging when you did. Your honest discussions of how you make your art were instrumental in helping me over that invisible wall from traditional to art quilter, and I've had so many wonderful experiences and opportunities because of this - I am forever grateful!

    I hope your knee heals quickly, and wouldn't it be wonderful if the folks at Vanderbuilt had some new answers for Dave??

    ReplyDelete
  12. Melody, you are the best, most consistent blogger in the quilt world, maybe the universe. I read your blog every day. On the few days you fail to blog, I read the old ones. Thanks for being such a great friend to all of us. Prayers to you and yours as the two of you pursue better health this month.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Blog-anniversary, Mel.

    I do enjoy the diversity of your life, and the wonderful creativity you display in everything you do.

    Good luck with the knee op, and I'll be praying that the boffins have something to offer on the Parkinson's front also.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous7:34 AM

    Melody, congratulations, and thanks for giving us these eight colorful years--and please, many more to come. I have not posted for a long time, but am still checking in almost daily for my dose of color, dawgs, and an update on your re-organizings. Please keep up the good work!

    Mary G. in Chicago

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your Blogaversary! I think I became a regular around 5 years ago, and I have enjoyed visiting your site almost every day since! Thanks for all the inspiration and laughter, and I look forward to many more years of the same! I echo the sentiments re: doctor visits, and I also wish you a happy quilt class... lucky newbies!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Blogaversary, Melody! It's so generous of you to share your life with us, not to mention all the great quilting and art tips and thoughts. I'm a devoted reader!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy (belated) blogiversary!
    Dave surely cannot be comfortable with Chumley on his neck like that....

    ReplyDelete
  18. Melody,

    I love the photos of your dogs. I have two pugs, one black and one fawn so I share the love of the breed. Of course, I also love your artwork.

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com