At last I made the difficult decision on the binding color. With no really dominant single color, I couldn't figure out what to do about the binding. I pulled all the colors in the quilt and looked at the stack of fabric and kept putting it off until tomorrow. And then Duh! it dawned on me, make a binding from one strip of each. Since it is 81x50"ish, I could cut seven strips and that would make use of everything, mostly. The owner wants to hang it on the wall in her new home, so it had to have a really long rod pocket. That got added and sewn in place and so now it is finished. I await the new address to send it and the other quilt she has purchased, Radiant Orb.
New house, new art, wow!