Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Sun Returns



It's an absolutely perfect day in the garden. Cool, yet sunny. The pink and white astilbe are flourishing and their glossy leaves shine brightly.

After several days of rain, all the flowers in the deck planters and pots have plumped up and show vigor.
The only un-vigorous life is in Chumley. Basking in the morning warmth, his head too heavy to lift.


 This last peony just opened for the first time ever. I must remember to move it this August. It won't do as well here as it could. Too crowded and shady, most of the day.

 A Julia Child rose glows against almost black leaves.
 Purple is always a great contrast against the green. Johnson's Blue Hardy Geranium. So dependable.
I am giddy over the opening hydrangeas. The bursting clusters vary from white to pink to blue.
In the back garden the red hydrangea is starting to show color too. A great huge bunch of blooms are in the making.

Chester waits for me as I shoot pictures of the lily pads.
Time for a nice iced tea...on the deck.

7 comments:

  1. Visiting your blog is like going to the Botanic Gardens - wish I had smellavision! Thanks~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is like looking through a beautiful flower book! Thanks for the color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Julia Child rose is something. I'm quite awed by your garden. It is so beautiful!
    We won't have astilbe here in bloom for months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Вы живете в прекрасном месте. Мне очень нравится рассматривать Ваши фотографии. Спасибо!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love your garden pics. I love, love Hydrangeas and Lily pads.

    Chumley's smushed face is a crack up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely lovely, Melody! Thanks for sharing the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! I've just found your lovely blog, and I'm a new follower...so nice to "meet" you!
    Best,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com