Monday, April 23, 2012

Caressa

 
Here's my newest design, Caressa. I called it that because it feels like a soft embrace as I wear it. All cotton (Hobby Lobby's I Love This Cotton) size 7 needles for the body and 5's for the neck and cuffs.
I began with short rows for the back neck and increased using Make One increases which is lifting the bar between stitches and knitting it.
The cool part about doing circular yokes, is that the increases fall in line as the work grows, resulting in no markers or very little counting. Love this easy construction.

The yoke is just knit to the armhole, put on waste yarn and then the body is begun, adding 8 stitches under the armhole for fitting ease. When the sleeves are knit, another casting on of 8 stitches is needed to make it all fit nicely.


The shenanigans I go through to make passable photos for the blog! I have hat hair from walking the dogs in the cold morning wind.

When I bought the yarn, it was on sale and there were only 5 green skeins left, or 900 yards. At home I had one pink skein leftover from my previous cardigan and so this color combo was born. I used up every tiny bit of the green and the inside pockets are partly pink, to compensate. The sleeves are 3/4 length, which turns out to be just right. 
This is my seventh finished cardigan since the beginning of the year.



10 comments:

  1. Cute! And it certainly looks comfy!

    I hope you will keep us updated after it's been washed a few times. I am curious about whether the yarn will pill....

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am laffing because this is a tryout project, to see if I can design something that I like and will later make with expensive yarn. I'll probably wear it once to knitting group and then it joins the other tryouts in my closet.
    Dog hair is most likely the gross textural thing that will happen to it.
    My lifestyle at home has to be just sweatshirts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one I really like and think I could make it. Especially with local yarn and size 7 needles. You
    make it sound ssoo easy. Do you actually have a pattern?? I'd need a pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous sweater! i'd love to knit one too! will you be putting the pattern out there for us soon? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pattern, color and model... looken gooood girl.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pattern and the color :) You are so talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melody, as a long time reader of your blog I do not reply very often (and shame on me when you share so much, I should at least say thank-you once in a while).
    Just wanted to say you look fantastic! Your healthy eating looks like it paying off.. Way to go. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah. A test, only. :-) Ok. Thanks for the update. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautifully knitted and very pretty colours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LINDOS .PQ Ñ VEM TRADUZIDO PARA PORTUGUÊS BRASIL, COMO TODOS OS OUTROS

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com