Friday, March 16, 2012

Jazzercise Me



This is where I go to dance off the flab. It's on a big church campus, and has several buildings for special purposes like this one for youth activities. We have a big group of Jazzers but not so many showed up yesterday. Musta been the fabulous weather. Usually we have about 20+. That's me and my sausage roll middle, stomping and jiggling.
 There are about six of us knitters who come to the classes, and on this day, only two of us stalwarts came.
Donna is our leader, and she is fabulous, and funny and has more energy than you could imagine. I love trying to keep up with her, which will be my lifetime goal.
My face turns beet red, and the sweat drips into my eyes and mouth. I must make a sweatband!








+++++++++++++
Our local yarn shop, Three Black Sheep is now carrying top notch quilt fabric! I am so excited that I am getting to make a sample using these fabulous prints.
There are already some wonderful quilts for display so I am going to make a garment, which I will post tomorrow. I can't wait to cut into this beautiful stuff.




Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on your weight loss. I hope that by reading your blog some of your discipline rubs off on me!

    Do you by chance know the name of the fabric shown in your last picture above with the yarn? It has to be a Kaffe or one of his cohorts. I'm looking for any Kaffe fabric that has red and turquoise.

    Your blog is inspiring, thanks for taking the time to give your readers such details on your work and how you do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:39 AM

    You look great querida!

    ~RBC

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! Moving around really does the trick, doesn't it? Keep it up, and I can't wait to see your new line of sweatbands! ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you say you are going to make a garment, and that we will see it TOMORROW! It would take me days to sew a garment - go you! can't wait to see it, I know it'll be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are Loooooking goood!!!! You should see how red my face gets in the heat, whether I am exercising or not I get so hot pink. You look fabulous.

    Those fabric colors and prints are so YOU too! Can't wait to see what you create.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Celeste Wegner11:51 AM

    Oh my gosh - you are looking really good in your exercise clothing - I can't believe you dropped the weight so fast!! You are down to the size I was when I visited you last May. It takes real dedication to go to that class since I know it's a drive for you--that's why I like my home treadmill.
    That fabric is making me gasp it's so beautiful and my colors - whose is it?
    I have been dilligently building up a stash of fabrics for future fusible art projects - and want some of that.
    Thank thank you for sharing your life in color!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the regular exercise! It's so good for body and mind. I enjoy your blog, as always. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm impressed you can do the jazzercise. After one partial lesson of it, I needed two weeks to recover. My back can't take all that jostling. That is gorgeous fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com