Thursday, February 23, 2012

Two More Blocks



I am having a wonderful time assembling strips into blocks, wallowing in bright pastels. I'm going for a colorway of yellow, lime, lavender, and aqua. O, and pink! Alright, everything!


The blocks lined up size-wise with very little planning on my part. Together they measure about 60" wide. I'll make another set of three and see how those look, before I sew anything together and quilt it.
Today was Jazzercise, grocery shopping, lunch on the deck (we hit mid 70's here!!!) and then I finally got down to sewing by 1pm. I'll be home, paying attention to this quilt all weekend. Must finish the main part of the top by Sunday! My goal is to have this completed before the end of the month, and luckily we have an extra day. My sewing machine will be smokin'. Zoom, zoom, zoom.


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. Your energy astounds me! I did groceries, had lunch, went for a walk and then died.
    I love the blocks. They are so bright and cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, LOVE those colors! What a cheery quilt they are going to make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melody, your quilt makes me happy! I've been working in solids, and your printarama has inspired me to get them out and do some improve blocks. Thanks for a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *sorry- Improv blocks. Your blocks do not need to improve.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to see you work with patterns.
    Love the color palette.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! What a delightful combo of colors and prints! Bridget is right. Those blocks are just BURSTING with happiness.

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com