Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I Changed My Mind



After not being totally thrilled with yesterday's start, I went back to study my Flickr favorites and found what did make me happy. I have always admired these two strip pieced quilts by Freddy Moran and Gwen Marston. I knew I could have more fun playing with lots of strips and maybe even incorporate my squares too.


I had to spend a bit of time cutting a strip or two from all the fabrics on my table, and only then did I remember that I had tucked away several boxes of already cut strips, leftover from last year's QAWM.

Sometimes a false start can lead to a much better do-over.
I am ready and jazzed to sew now, but have a very busy Wednesday in town, so it will be Thursday before I can jump back into the studio.
Speaking of being jazzed, I am getting much more limber due to the rigorous workout we are doing at Jazzercise. I used to be so stiff in the morning as I creaked my way down the stairs. This is not happening now, and the only difference (besides my weight loss) has to be the exercise...yay!




Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. This is so interesting. You definitely will turn out something terrific.

    Glad to hear the exercising is working. I am beginning to feel that stiffness each morning too. Sort of like I have to loosen up first. I have been thinking of an exercise program and now I am convinced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, maybe you could do JAWM (jazzercise)... I love those strip pieced quilts, too - can't wait to see your take on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:03 PM

    I love strip-pieced quilts. Have fun! Looks like you have some great stuff to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:17 AM

    I like the 'serenity' of "Starting in the Middle". It is pleasing on the eyes and the brain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must say those 'strippy' quilts make me very happy as I'm sure yours will too. It is funny how wee get led to what we rally want sometimes.
    I have an impossible time to lose weight--so glad you're having success and feel better.
    I'm off to my swim now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:36 AM

    The stripe strips reminds me of Anna Willliams' quilt style.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So the quilt along is still on? Good, I'll get my strips out!

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com