Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Drawstring Scarf V.3


For this version I used the Mistake Stitch, size 8US needles and cast on 181 sts in delicious Malabrigo Silky Merino and used every last inch of it or 150 yards. I chose to place the eyelets off center to make the scarf edge stand up better, as this is very slinky yarn. The color is Arco Iris.


As you can see, it worked! This cowl version can be worn with the tie in front or to the side. The tie is a 4 stitch I-cord in pima cotton.



The wider side can be turned to the outside while the narrower side is underneath. Or as in the last view, a looser version worn as a gathered collar.


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. What a clever scarf!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo beautifull - I'm loving all of your versions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is ingenious! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. just perfect and clever! now I must to knit every versions :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. In my opinion one and all should browse on it.

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com