On the other hand, this quilt is meant for the bed upstairs which is tucked against the wall and has drawers, so it needn't be as large as a bedspread usually is. I'll have to put it on the bed to see if a border is necessary.
I used about four different pinks for the star centers, in keeping with the scrappy look. And after making this, I guess my fear of sewing on the bias has been overcome. One of the things I liked about this design is that the star points don't get cut off, and the spiderwebs don't have to line up. Phew! What a relief that was not to struggle with matching.
If it weren't for this year's QAWM I probably wouldn't have had the nerve to tackle this. But I am so glad I did. It gave me renewed confidence to try other designs that I have been afraid to try.