Saturday, January 01, 2011

Quilts of 2010

(double click to enlarge)


I admit I stole this idea from Malka Dubrawsky. But it's a good idea isn't it? It shows that I didn't just sit around knitting all year.
OK I further admit that these are not all quilted, but hey, I hadn't pieced anything as large as some of these, in YEARS, so I am counting those as important as the smaller completed works.
And one nice thing, some of these are sold! Woowoo!
I plan to do another Quilt Along with Melody in the icky month of February, and again I will just make tops and file them away in my 'won't it be fun to discover a whole bin of tops made by Melody' for someone in the great unknown future. I hope that finder doesn't think any of these represent my best work. I will try harder to actually design the patchwork this time around.
++++++
For New Years we had a super heavy thunder and lightning rainstorm which woke us all up at 3:30. But all the snow is washed away and the pond has melted and it feels like a clean world outdoors as well as in. Nice! And no hangover for me, also Nice.
Today I am going to piece something and knit something and hang a quilt somewhere.
Happy New Year!

17 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:16 AM

    Quilts of 2010 is great.... and would be an great college poster in many many dorms....

    You had a very productive year.

    Keep it up. I have enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the collage of your quilts and the great colors you use to produce your work. I need to dig into the many many quilt tops I have and get them finished. I would love to see a collage of your knitting projects that you had completed last year too! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it's beautiful to see them all together. What a body of work.
    Chumley must have been hiding out in the bad weather. Our family dog used to go hide when thunder was approaching.I must figure out how to do that someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! It seems to me that the 3rd from the left, 2nd row should be hanging in your house...it's so representational of your world there with the house and pond and trees!!!
    Maybe you should do a collage of your knitting last year too!!! And your dyeing!!!
    You are amazing! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year to you. Your collage is lovely and I would be proud to hang any one of these (even unfinished) in my home.

    Hugs - Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are giving me an inferiority complex. I would like to raid your files.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful collection -fun to see all of your efforts because your true style really shines through! Hope the thunder didn't bother your sweet pup too much. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm ready to join in this year's QAWM ! !
    We had RAIN here also. The most we've seen in a heck of a long time.
    The backyard was a flowing river for most of the day.
    This morning water that did not drain away is frozen.
    Yesterday's temp 65 degrees F
    this morning's temp 20 degrees F

    Wishing you and your guys the very best of everything this coming year.

    Hugs,
    Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great cheery way to kick off 2011. Thanks for posting it. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you have been busy this year. Your quilts are beautiful. I look forward to seeing what you get up to this year. Many blessings to you and your family, Johoanna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! Don't forget to try arranging your books by color...it looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful array of quilts, especially like the bird and house one, but then that is just me with a thing about birds.
    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. All very cool and so colorful! Love seeing them all together. I made Turkey Lasagna today and everyone loved it. Thanks for the tutorial! Happy Newest of Years!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy 2011!
    Love the quilts of 2010!
    We had lightning on 1.1.11 - one crack of thunder was so close to us that we all nearly had heart attacks. Today I am tie-dyeing two bath sheets for DH :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New year! The showcase looks great, quilted or not!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just discovered your blog. I love the colours in your work. Thank you for sharing your quilts. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow beautiful work, you have so much fun with colors!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com