Saturday, November 13, 2010

Eternity Scarf

 I fell in love with this design. It is the Eternity Scarf by Michele Wang. A mere 336 versions of this project appear on Ravelry, and I had to give it a try. I found an irresistably soft alpaca mix in pearl white, and used a 10.5 needle, casting on 200 stitches so it wouldn't be skimpy. It is VOLUPTUOUS.
What I love so much about this scarf is that it is wearable in so many ways. With the ribbing on the neck side, or the rolled edge inward. Then wrapped around the neck to really keep the wind at bay.





Did I take enough pictures? ;-)  Since this was not made for anyone on my knit-list, and would make a great gift for a person who lives in a cold climate, I am making it available. $24 plus postage. Email me. Sold but taking orders.
It was so much fun to knit that I am about to start another one today...What color would you like?

UPDATE: Order desk is now closed. Thank you.

8 comments:

  1. Oh! Me! Me! I would love to buy this for my daughter! If I am the first, please contact me at catkiz@xmission.com. Hugs, Cathy K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I just wanted to say that I absolutely love this ... it is very beautiful!
    Very best wishes,
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. You knit so fast!!! I finished one already and I've been working on a second one. The pattern I'm using is easier, but still nice and and definitely warm when the cold winds blow.

    Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:40 AM

    I've just purchased the pattern, if only that it is so nice. Might be able to knit it next winter as in 2011!!!

    Is one allowed to sell items made from patterns purchased off of ravelry?
    Just wondering....out aloud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anon,
    I am not profiting from the pattern, only asking for the price of the yarn and shipping. In my mind it is more like sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looked so interesting that I brought the pattern although it does not get cold enough to wear one in Florida, I plan to make several and send them north for x-mas gifts. I'm shopping for yarn and getting started as soon as I get home from New England today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:23 AM

    Melody, I was looking over my printed version of the Eternity Scarf pattern and noticed it calls for casting on 200 stitches. I also noticed you mentioned casting on 200 stitches (so it wouldn't be so skimpy). So, my question: did you cast on 200 MORE stitches?

    I found some pure alpaca in my stash so I'll be using a smaller needle and will probably need to cast on more than the 200 stitches given in the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  8. In 1909, there was two different series of coins produced, the Indian Head penny and the Wheat penny. As a result, you will likely lose more fish while fighting them. Now, this doesn't always work the first time round, so don't be surprised if after 10 nights, the nappy comes off and the bed wetting takes place. The species and varieties available are almost infinite, with ones that bloom almost any time, with sizes from a few inches to several feet tall. Those doing their homework well and preparing for this will do very well going forward.

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com