Tuesday, November 16, 2010

At last we have the pattern!!!

Thanks to our dear reader Carol H. who went directly to the designer and was given the PDF, it is now being shared with you. Here it is:
http://handmaiden.ca/patterns/HandmaidenMaidMarianVest.pdf



You will note the varieties of yarn used to make this cute garment. This last picture is my friend Ellen who wore the vest and started this whole frenzy. Yesterday at knitting guild I wore #2 and another gal wore her version. Forgot my camera...duh!

The difference in mine and the pattern are the armholes and the dip in the front. To create a similar curved edge (at the hem), decide where you want it to begin, k1,m1. Knit back and forth and then k1, m1 again at the same edge, and continue on as before.
The armholes on the first one are narrower. I was afraid of a grabbing armhole, but needn't have worried as the knitting is so stretchy. If you make one, please send pictures.

9 comments:

  1. Thank you very much. Lovely pattern.

    -Samya :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. Love all the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Melody and especially thanks to Carol H. for giving the pattern to us all through you! I love seeing all the different yarns and colors that you made this vest in. It looks great. I will share my vest photos with you(when I get it made), although I may not be as speedy as you are! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patience is a virtue...
    Good things come to those who wait...

    Thanks to everyone involved in getting this pattern shared.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! So generous! Thank you so much to you, Melody, and Carol, and the designer, and the fine folks at handmaiden ~ I can't wait to give this a whirl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Chumley, he looks so miserable! My girls and I love reading about the adventures of Chumley.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much. I love this vest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for the lovely and clever pattern! It is an adorable vest, and I probably have just the yarn for it. If not, there are always your wonderful dyeing instructions!
    Raising babies of any species is a lot of work, and I think you are doing a great job with Chumley.
    All the best to you all.

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com