Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Sewing Wrap-Up




The clothes sewing is finished, with the completion of this shirt/jacket.
I think it needs something, and have just the solution. It will be another version of my Mitered Kerchief in colors that will coordinate with this fabric. My teaching experience tells me that I will feel cold in the air conditioning of the hotel and will want just a little something on the back of my neck...and something that can easily be removed for those instances when my internal thermostat fluxuates, up up up!





On the left is the original Mitered Kerchief and then it just so happens that on the right I have a bunch of yarn just waiting to step up and fill the bill, and in no time I will have the perfect accessory. It's so fun playing imaginary dress-up.
I'll be putting the patterns back in their envelopes and looking for a place to put the fabric scraps, some of which I am saving and others I have already tossed. I have a top for every new pair of pants I've either made or purchased, comfortable shoes, and a few things from the closet like this jacket from my second teaching trip to Japan, to go with my new navy pants. Glad I didn't have to sew anything new in navy...

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:03 PM

    I hope you put lots of good notes on the patterns before you put them away, for next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this green and yellow piece! It reminds me of the bright design in my teenage years that came from Finland -- Marimekko!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another head shaking post from you today.
    I shake my head in wonderment . . .
    you are a wonder
    completing so many garments
    . . . custom fitted
    I sit in awe
    Every post something interesting.

    Hus & ♥♥♥s
    Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you will be a delicious visual feast, teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:58 PM

    It was rather interesting for me to read the blog. Thanx for it. I like such themes and everything connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.

    Julia Hakkinen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:49 AM

    Hi nice to meet you all, my name is Valerie , I'm from as Miami. Sweet site, I hadn't noticed fibermania.blogspot.com before in my searches! Keep up the great work! Visit me at vintage barbie clothes

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com