Thursday, October 01, 2009

Some progress...some delay

I was able to get a start* on the commission piece but I only lasted an hour before the sound of power tools began jolting my concentration. Power nailers and saws and the on again off again air compressor. O my! The deck is coming along nicely and with luck will be finished this week. Like tomorrow I hope.
The same guys that did my studio are doing the deck and coincidentally the light fixture over my work table has never worked for more than a few minutes after it was installed.
The good fixture above, the not-so-hot one below.
It was pronounced permanently perished and I will be off to Chattanooga today, to the nearest Lowe's to find a replacement and get it reinstalled before the guys go away.
*Starting on the piece meant getting some feel for the colors by making strips sets of each family. They may or may not appear in the work, but it makes me cognizant of what each piece has to offer and when fabrics pile up, I can remind myself to search for the particular piece that I had in the beginning. It took a long time to catch on to this idea but it works and actually saves time. And it makes me aware of what group is in need of more variety, value wise.


  1. Anonymous1:22 PM

    Thanks for sharing your process. I'm not an artist but I find it fascinating.

  2. Gill in UK3:48 AM

    And another thanks the same. I am currently working on a piece with 9 orange / browns and 5 blues and could have done with this idea a couple of days ago when I was auditioning colours. Gill

  3. I'm looking forward to seeing this piece evolve.

  4. Great share!

    It's more of the technical knowledge cover in this article. Covering everything related to the Dustless Blasting Machine. I think you are doing great job generally of being visible in the machines blogging market.

    We are grateful for that and it;s exactly the kind of thing we recommend to our readers to know the full information of the products.We all have the same amount of hours in a day so put them to good use. So, Here some of the machine information we also added for the customer that know everything on the Blasting Machine and buy machine online.

    Dustless Blasting Machine like - Dustless Blasting Machine Manufacturer, Dustless Blasting Machine in India, Dustless Blasting Machine Price, Dustless Blasting Machines, Dustless Sand Blasting Machine, Dustless Shot Blasting Machine, Dustless Grit Blasting Machine and various others Dustless Blasting Equipment. Keep it works and share with us your latest information.

    In short, there is a lot to learn machine information on this article. It's all got a lot better than before!t. Value that list of thousands but I'll get there.

    Thanks for sharing all of this with us. Have a nice week ahead, and Happy Thanksgiving as well .
    Contact Us at - +91-7413897813 OR Visit at :

    Also Check Our Top Products :-

    Sand Blasting Machine | Portable Sand Blasting Machine
    Shot Blasting Machine | Portable Shot Blasting Machine"
    Blast Room | Blast Room System
    Steel Grit | Steel Shots
    Arc Spray Gun | Thermal Spray Gun
    Powder Flame Spray Gun | Wire Flame Spray Gun
    Aluminum Oxide | White Aluminum Oxide

    Thanks & Regards!
    Rahul Sharma.


So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com