Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Palette for the Commission Piece

Here are the fabrics I have chosen to use for this new work. Not all pieces will be in there, I guarantee, but this is the neighborhood in which I will work.

These are the personality fabrics, which are textured, striped, blotchy, and watercolor-y. They will be the features.

Since I will be working with lots of earthy colors of the Southwest, I will need greens that don't compete, yet compliment.

Here are some of the warm clay, rock and riverbed colors, or they might be dusty atmospheric colors, since at this point 'quien sabe?'





And we can't leave out the reds, oranges and purples. Oooh yum.

10 comments:

  1. I'm liking this color combo. Especially that little hit of gold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color choices and are waiting what wonderful commission quilt you are creating
    Edith from Switzerland

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could just fall into those fabrics and be happy for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmmmmmmmm It's like staring at your favourite food :) I have just started dyeing myself and I am totally in love with it. Do you get those greens yourself or buy them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous palette. Can't wait to see what comes of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a group of pictures! I could stare at them all day and if I had those fabrics spread out in my work area, I'd get nothing done. Your dyed fabrics are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How in the world did you make purple dye work well and behave with yellow dye?? (second photo) Spectacular.

    This one will be fun to see finished, hope you're able to post photos of it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous1:50 AM

    "Here is the fabrics I have chosen to use for this new work."

    They are nice!

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com