Thursday, January 22, 2009

Knit Club Premiere

Handy Caddy
I attended the first meeting of the Stone Light Knitters Club yesterday and it was FANTASTIC. Like a shot in the arm for midwinter-itis. I was afraid the bad weather might restrain some from attending but I forgot that off-the-mountain-temps are higher and the snow was non-existent. Our snow is disappearing quickly and it will reach the 50's today. Yes!
Nine of us showed up and immediately the audio was turned up to eleven. Clicking needles, laughing and oohs and ahhs at the knit projects made us all kinda giddy. Or maybe I came in that way from the giant coffee I got at the BP?
Anyway it was a hoot. Two of the gals were former Chicagoans and several of us are also quilters which is good too. The gal I was next to, Dianne with two N's lives in the town just down the mountain from me, where I shop, so there's that good news. And her husband has a mini-railroad on their property that grown-ups can ride which made Dave excited to know more.
I couldn't help myself (I am totally insufferable, doncha know) and had to do a mini demo on mitered squares and the corkscrew. But the real star of the show was my Handy Caddy which held all my knitting stuff. Everyone wanted one. I was the same way when I saw it for the first time.
I also met Sidonna, a fiber artist who gave me info on the Mountain Arts Guild.
Big happy sigh...
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

  1. Oh I know that was fun! I wonder if we have anything like that around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to find your new tribe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you have found some knitting/quilting buddies. I am often inspired by the work my bee and guild members are doing.

    Love the new hats, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just sitting here smiling smuggly with and eye told you so lift to my eyebrows.
    So very happy for you and Dave..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:55 AM

    Did I miss your report on your first quilt group meeting?

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL... that should read I told you so... such a slip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have two of those caddys which I use to hold quilting tools. HMMMM I think I'll repurpose one of them for my knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've found a tribe! That's wonderful. Art needs both solitude and sharing. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds like a lot of fun. And I love that knitting caddy! Hanging with like-minded souls is always a good thing! They were lucky to have you and that you shared some cool knitting techniques with them! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totes, caddies, purses, bags ... bring 'em on! I love and acquire bags the way many women collect shoes, but it's only since I started frequenting other arty/crafty types that I've found there are other people who share my obsession - and who understand the more compartments, the better! :)

    My local knitting group meets tonight. I'm lucky enough to live about 3 minutes' walk from where we meet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous5:10 PM

    Interaction with like-minded individuals: It's a good thing, always, but perhaps vital in midwinter. :) Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks like a handy caddy for anything. Nice blog. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cool caddy! I certainly need one for sock knitting, one for quilting..... :)
    I'm glad you've found some new buddies! Sounds like such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous6:31 PM

    Funny that you have the handy caddy. I met the woman who has these at the Long Beach Quilt Festival. Her card has Sharon Lee's web address as: www.handycaddy.com
    Yes, I bought two when I was at the quilt show last summer :)

    Lunachance

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com