Sunday, November 09, 2008

Playing Decorator


I twisted my knee and have been spending some time with my leg up watching my new TV, and knitting. Most of the daytime offerings that I found entertaining are the decorating shows. For a while I thought I had finished my bedroom, but new ideas began to form.

Beginning with a single plaid king size sheet that I got for $5 at the resale shop, I made a duvet, window coverings and then a pillow case, table cloth and then TV remote holster.




I hung my pink/green quilts in the viewing corner.

And then I made a window 'board' for my domed window. I found a piece of styrofoam in the garage and cut it to fit snug in the opening, against the glass. Then I cut batting, lining and the pink and made a covering. I had to hand stitch it closed because the pink was so skimpy. I was lucky I had just this little piece left from covering my headboard last year. I pinned the little Stawberry Street quilt onto it first. Dopey but better than plain. It really keeps out the light from the streetlight at night. I wasn't really happy with this choice so I used my remaining sheet scraps for this quilt, incorporating coordinating colors from that sheet.

Pink Pine

Hand dyed and commercial cottons, fused, hand and machine embroidered and quilted.

13.5x18.25"

5 comments:

  1. I love pink and green together! That is pretty nifty how you worked that window block.
    Hope your knee gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a big wad of juicy bubble gum to chew on and blow bubbles to match that BEAUTIFUL room!! I love pink - and the green makes it even better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dee-lish! LOVE that room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All sorts of furniture solutions, starting from office furniture (mobili per ufficio), equipped walls, furniture used in schools and colleges, office chairs et all are available with http://www.momi.it and however, as soon as you submit your furniture requirements with us, we would ensure to deliver our furniture solutions at the earliest convenience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:50 AM

    hermes handbags 2014
    Hi there, I enjoy reading all of your post. I wanted to write
    a little comment to support you.

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com