Monday, March 05, 2007

The Hidden Melody



Looking at the recent Rivers series has got me wondering where are all these earthtones coming from? I haven't seen the real ground in months, thanks to all this snow. I guess the desire to see it all melted is inherent in the color choices I have been making of late.
As a kid I loved the days one could wander out back in the swamp and look for signs of Spring. I had red rubber boots that chafed my bare legs, but that was all part of the sensory experience.

My neighborhood always had construction going on, as the Eisenhower Expressway was only four doors down, so there was tons of puddles, and mudhills to climb and my imagination led me to think I would find archeological treasures. Ha!

I am delighted to announce a sale from the good old alternate blog archives.

Desert Sky, made in 2003. Every once in a while that colorway shows itself.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Even though the pieces make a stunning series, each seems to have it's own slightly dominate color which makes them amazing on their own also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:00 PM

    The colours are fabulous! How big is it? I really like how you have created your own shapes with stitching and blocks of fabrics without relying on prints. I'll call it "organic cubism"!

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com