Monday, August 01, 2005

Visitors Galore!

My sister Brooke and her family are here from California and are seeing all the local sites. They arrived Saturday and spent the day with us, and of course that included a meal on the Johnson
Riviera. We are having pasta with pesto, meatballs, sausage and salad. My apologies to Terry her husband for not getting his handsome face in this picture.

Brooke is multitalented, a requirement in our family, and had to do a project on an artist for her college art class. She chose an unknown fiber artist, MOI! and make this diorama of my measely career. I was shocked and delighted, as you might imagine.




Everything in minature, including teeny spools of my hand dyed threads. I am weeping with joy.




She even machine quilted my quilts (photo-transferred, including batting).

The truly remarkable thing is that they brought this diorama in the car all the way from CA, with stops in AZ, the Grand Canyon and our mom's in MO. So now my mom knows what I do, maybe, thanks to Brooke.



Here's the best thing Brooke ( and Terry too!) made. Glory Anastasia Larm. ten years old and a beautiful young lady. She is so smart and funny and articulate and we love love love her.

But wait that's not all! Sunday a fellow blogger Cindy and her sil Chris came for a visit. WE had so much fun, and the house was still clean so it was so easy to invite them in.





Cindy lives in IN and Chris lives in Geneva IL, but Cindy has brothers that live in my town, so she is visiting everyone while she is here.


There was a bit of shopping to do at my studio. Thanks Cindra!

6 comments:

  1. That diorama is SO COOL!!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She sounds like a very cool sister. I imagine that seeing that diorama feels very validating!
    Enjoy her visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A diorama of your work?! What a great, fun idea! I'll bet your niece had such a great time making it. What a wonderful surprise for Auntie Melody!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the teeny quiltlets in the diorama!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the teeny quiltlets in the diorama!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, how's it hanging?

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com