Sunday, July 31, 2005

Fun with Short Rows

I've just finished knitting the Multidirectional Scarf using 3 balls of Noro Kureyon and size 10US needles. 6"x6 feet.
I learned some new stuff doing this scarf and will immediately before I forget it all, use this knit-knowledge to design a sweater using multiple panels joined with a three needle bindoff. The narrower the panels the more triangles are formed as one travels upward.


And if you make a glaring mistake it looks like it was part of the plan. On the upper part of this picture I changed direction halfway and didn't notice it for hours, and miles of knitting. It didn't seem to make any difference so I decided to leave it in. The mistake made me think about using this again to form many irregularities in future diagonal strip knits.


The blue end is the beginning and the pink triangle on the left is the end, the bind off. I didn't like the ending directions so I made up my own. Mostly I did this because I wanted to try ending straight in case this would be a shoulder on a sweater and then it could be staggered to slope. That could be done with short rows too. I'll have to play around with that idea.
Noro Kureyon is self striping as you can see, and I plan to use multiple yarns on the new short row strip sweater I have in mind. All color all the time; how could it be any other way for me?

6 comments:

  1. You knitters think too much. I think it looks great! I'm in awe of your ability to quilt and knit! You do them both so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that pattern and your's looks fabulous. I've made several and ended up giving them all away. Time to make one for me! Silk Garden works well and makes a little more drapey fabric that Kureyon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:58 AM

    Hello, I have a fairly new website that has been online for about 8 months. I looked at alot of websites that are in my area atomic clock wall . I have done the internet MLM thing and really got disgusted at the whole thing. So my wife and I thought since we love horses we should build a website around that. We have done pretty good so far but I always want to improve. I didn;t realize it would be so time consuming though. But we love it and hope to improve and offer some of the best recourses and products available. Hence the search for content new products and information about what we have. If you decide to come and visit maybe you can offer some advice That would be great. If not well you have A great new year.

    Thank you for your BLOG.

    Regards,

    atomic clock wall

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:22 AM

    Hi there Blogger, a real useful blog.Keep with the good work.
    If you have a moment, please visit my automobile insurance and drag racing site.
    I send you warm regards and wishes of continued success.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:25 PM

    Regarding your blog about manchester photo united. The best site for manchester photo united is **http://www.freepremiership.com**. http://www.freepremiership.com is the top free osccer website in the world and features the latest Premiership club news, fixtures, scores, scorers, radio streams, tv streams and lots more football links.

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com