Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Back to Life

After Nyquil gave me a good night's sleep I decided to rejoin the living and ventured out to my monthly PAQA meeting. This is the Professional Art Quilters Alliance, a bunch of rowdy women who show their work, discuss the quilt biz and then eat lunch.
We are an unusual group of quilt artists and folks who want to become quilt artists, and we primarily show each other our work and get applause and sometimes talk about upcoming shows or stuff like that.
WE really encourage everyone, especially newbies, to bring work to show, and still there are those that feel intimidated and won't bring anything for months and months. arrgghh.
There was a tiny bit of sun for a moment or two today so that cheered me up too. I stayed in the back of the room so as not to infect anyone, which proves that I am a responsible adult.
I had a nice bowl of cream of tomato soup with two meatballs on the side, which although I could not taste anything, had a very nice texture.


I'm getting back into my jammies now and will have a nice glass of wine to celebrate breathing through my nose.

Thanks to everyone who wished me a speedy recovery. That plus the Nyquil did the trick.

1 comment:

  1. Glad that you're feeling a bit better! Nothing like friends and laughter to help the healing process. Don't you love Nyquil? I use Dayquil, too.

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com