Pink Dawn, acrylic and ink on canvas panel, 6" square.
My approach: paint the canvas, blot the canvas, repaint the canvas. Let dry, and then return to accent the parts that needed something. Add details with pen. The white ink pen is Uniball Signo in a medium or bold point (can't remember which, and it states its size in Japanese, so quien sabe?)
Acrylic on foam core panel ~12x16".
I planned on painting a lot of collage papers and wanted a substrate to paint them on. I located this piece of foam core and painted my first piece of tissue paper and the paper disintegrated! I could barely peel it off. The remaining paint was my starting point for this painting. I painted something really lovely and thought I would drip paint on it to 'fix it' and that was awful, so then I painted over it and over that and finally stamped some stuff on it, still attempting to make it work. I considered calling it Overworked, but Kitchen Sink is better and may be the start of a new series of titles based on throwing in all the tricks in my bag.
I begin each day in the studio with a lot of resolve, which dissolves pretty fast.
All paintings are posted sans my comments here: http://melpaints.blogspot.com/
Here are the results of that Jane Davies experiment. It was difficult to pull the skin off the page protector without tearing the film. The white film stuck to itself and only a small part of it will be usable. I didn't use the same brand of acrylic medium, so that may have been the issue. She used Golden and I used Liquitex. Hmmm.