Monday, June 30, 2014

Nasturtium Trio

 Nasturtium Trio
Acrylic, collage, drawing, stamping, stenciling, ink, on gallery wrapped canvas, 11x14x1". $100 Email me. SOLD


 
One of the things I love about acrylics is that you can also use them like watercolors, with transparent washes. I used that technique especially in the leaves of this painting. On the other hand, opaque white paint was usually considered a no-no in my watercolor classes. One was supposed to rely on the white of the support for highlights. Rules! Now I have a collection of white ink pens, paint pens or gel pens, but on this painting I dug out my dip pens and my acrylic ink. The fine lines of white were added with this instrument.
And one more note on technique. I had previously been adhering my collage papers with matte medium, but recently have tried heavy gel medium instead and I must say it works ever so much better, and quicker. I use some heavier papers and it keeps them stuck tight.

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love Nasturtiums, but these are really wonderful with all your textured background treatments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this one. Such a happy piece. I love the tiny circles, etc. you did with the pens and the wonderful backgrounds and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this one. It feels happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely use of color! I can understand why it was SOLD before I got to lay eyes on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect! I'm running out of things to say!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Informasi yang sangat menarik, terima kasih =))
    Agen Bola
    http://pour.pw/957597

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am regular visitor, how are you everybody? This paragraph posted at this website is genuinely fastidious. 슬롯머신

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really thank you for the valuable info on this great subject and look forward to more great posts. Thanks a lot for enjoying this beauty article with me. I am appreciating it very much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was a loovely blog post

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’ll probably be returning to read more, thanks for the advice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I’m going to recommend this web site!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What’s up, just wanted to mention, I liked
    this post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It was practical. Keep on posting!

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com