Tuesday, May 20, 2014

I am so lucky


I am so lucky to have a bright and shiny clean studio, with a view, and air conditioning. And a couch for a nap, and my chair and ottoman for blogging. TV, radio, internet, phone, all at my fingertips. Nothing more important to do today than make some art here.
 
 And then when I need a break, to walk out to my garden and observe. Or sit under the umbrella and have a cuppa. Lots of birds visit this spot, and while I do hear the construction going on, it only reminds me that the economy is good again, and what's not to like about that? The fish are all swimming around and darting into the brick openings for privacy. The new replacement water lilies are leafing out and will soon cover the surface of this pond.
Dave got more mulch yesterday and soon all the open spaces will be mulched, and the standing water will get absorbed.
And
I have color to inspire me.
And then there's little Prince Tony, who truly knows how to live.

8 comments:

  1. Is there anything cuter than a sleepy pug? And everything is so pretty and colorful at your house. I love those days where nothing is scheduled and I can choose whatever I want to do. Its always something arty (and unfortunately rarely anything that has to do with cleaning)!
    I'm looking forward to seeing which quilts you choose for those bare walls in the studio!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am lucky enough to have an amazing studio with heat, air, and gloriously big windows. However... what I don't have is good storage for my mountain of fabric. I'm also on a limited budget. I've looked at old school cabinets, Ikea, you name it I've considered it. I don't want to do builtins because we plan to move in 5 years or less and I'd like to take them with me. Also for resale value I don't want to define the room too much. I'd appreciate any ideas you have. PS a friend and I are doing your class next month! She's already taken it but is eager to make more fun prints!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must have me confused with someone who is teaching next month. That's not me.
      I would go with IKEA Billy shelves, at $39 for one, and they hold so much. Then you can break them down and take them with you. I have four for my fabric and four for my books.
      http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40085709/#/40085714

      Delete
  3. Pug, singular? Where's the Chumster? I miss pug pix--though the new garden is amazing, and the quilts gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so much why I follow your blog. Not only is there eye candy (both quilts and gardening), you have such a good attitude! I love the spin you put on the construction sounds, and tried to apply similar logic to what I hear. Still trying...(traffic), but do enjoy hearing/seeing the young people from the middle school down the road.

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com