Sunday, September 22, 2013
A new week begins and I am collaborating with Bonnie. Here are her design parameters.
1. About 18 x 15...thereabouts. You'll know what it has to be as you work on it.
3. I like lavenders, blues, greens, orange, yellow, red, purple...just do it!
4. As far as surface treatment goes...surprise me.
5. Botanical. Our property has been family owned for three generations. Until recent times it has been an apple and pear orchard but for economic reasons the decision had to be made to sell part of the land and My Muttley had to change job focus in order to keep us on the land we love. Happily, that has happened. We live in a granny flat while one of our daughters and her husband and three boys live in the family home. It is a place we cherish. I would love to have a piece that reflects what the land used to be.
6. Fused or pieced? Whatever suits any ideas you may have.
I love the following for different reasons.
Wintergreens: For the layout...so much detail...but I'd like it horizontal!
Majesty and Allegro for the high contrast.
Sunflowers II: The little flowers in the foreground.
Under a Silken Moon: The tree shapes.
I also love the little birds you have on some pieces.
I will try to control myself as I await your interpretation. This is too exciting for words!
Well, I'm pumped, but I wonder about the little birds she mentioned. I can't recall any of my quilts that have had birds included. I'll see if I can include some.
This is the birdy she meant.
at 3:39 PM