Monday, July 01, 2013

What'll I do?



The studio is so nice and clean, and I just packed up and stored the last 15 bed/nap quilts that I made, brought all my dye stuff over to my sister Brooke's, the garden is in, and it's raining. After cleaning out my spice cabinet (National Toss Out Old Spices Week) I was left with the quandary, What shall I do?
Since the days are also hot and muggy, my thoughts turn to winter wool sweaters, NOT. But at the same time, the idea of sitting in the AC and knitting is so appealing, and I do have lots of untouched glorious yarn to try, why not design something new?

Lately I have received several requests for my (free, see above Pages) Miterrific Poncho Pattern, a garment I have made twice, sold twice and still do not have one of my own. But then, do I want another poncho? Um, no. But I would like a similar knit, with two variegated yarns, not the batwings however, but something like this in a cardigan. Another thing I don't want is that center front dangling down in my lap or over my derriere. OK, it won't be the same...but inspired by, let's say.
Here's my diagram/pattern. Starting with the center back triangle, and using as my base diamond 70+1 stitches (same as the poncho). The triangles are half or 35 stitches.


I began this knit Friday and used colors that were too blah, frogged the thing and restarted with a more lively combination.
Dave is out FISHING! for the day, and I have a set of dvd's to watch (New Tricks) from my friend Sharon, so I am set for the duration.
One note: yesterday I went to Joann's and bought six more quilt batts, since they were half off, so I think quilting may be percolating.

 

4 comments:

  1. I love to watch all of your projects! Your energy and creativity are amazing to me. I knit, garden and quilt, but certainly not to your scale. It's lovely to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that sweater. It reminds me of Kaffe Fasset's stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melody,

    I really enjoyed your interview - the garden did you proud, and you came across as yourwonderfulself! I think often people seem stiff when they're interivewed, but you were great. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:12 PM

    Exceptional post however , I was wanting to know if you could write a
    litte more on this subject? I'd be very thankful
    if you could elaborate a little bit more. Appreciate it!


    Also visit my page ... aspirateur robot

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com