Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Things that are GONE




 Yes, Dave sold the Expedition last night and combining the two sales, made a 110% profit. What a guy.

I, on the other hand, am a do do. I didn't carefully read the seed packet of these Blue Lake green beans and planted POLE beans! I have no way of making them climb poles at this stage of their growth, and I don't have poles either, so I bit the bullet and pulled the mess out. I still have a huge patch of bush beans, so no worry.
My veggie garden looks pitiful but there are fruits coming along anyway, unless  you count the peppers which are struggling again this year. Why do I keep trying? There just isn't enough sun or heat or something to make peppers do well in my raised beds.
Back to Things that are GONE.
My Julia Child rose bush which I transplanted in early May has leaned over and looks horrible.


I waited til most of the blooming was over, and then got out my shears and chopped off the leaning section.



And now the new shape, and all the branches in the burn pile. yay!
What is gone from this picture is all the blooming purple larkspur which looked so good until it got over four feet tall and fell down when it rained, and stayed down. What a mess. It had to go.
The recently purchased sale hosta and heuchera along with some transplants from Dave's Memorial Swamp got planted in its place.  There is still more empty space in that bed...Hello Wal-Mart.
Photo




 I am so relieved that the mess I made last year in Dave's Memorial Swamp Garden has been eradicated. Now that Dave doesn't have the boat to distract him, he made quick work getting rid of all the weeds that had amassed in this spot. Gone so fast, after complaining so long..

Chester enjoys the restored doggie field from his chaise lounge.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. I don't know why my x-father-in-law did this when he planted his peppers, but he always did - that is throw a matchstick from a book of matches in the hole then planted his pepper plants. He planted bunches of plants - he was Italian. Sorry to hear yours are not doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a saying over here (it's probably universal) that "a boat is a hole in the water into which you pour money" It was certainly true when my family had boats.

    WOW, you proved it wrong!! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:11 AM

    Things that are gone...

    Can you have your husband talk to my husband?
    We have some things that need to go...

    Jan O
    Wickliffe, OH

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com