Friday, April 26, 2013

New Knits

I needed a day off and decided it was time to finish this short sleeved cardigan that I have been dawdling over for months. It is my own design, with a high neck and shorter sleeves and is made from Malabrigo Rastita, a deliciously soft merino single. If I could, everything I knit would be in this yarn.
To make the neck fit right and not pull back, I did a bunch of short rows before I began the raglan shaping. It looked funny, bulging out, until it was blocked, and now, phew! it looks just right. Better yet, it fits just like I wanted it to do.



This pullover will be my go-to summer top. Made from Berrocco Weekend yarn, a cotton/acrylic blend, it is cuddly and airy. Gotta love raglan knitting!
I enjoyed my day off, and had a nice snooze, along with many garden walks. No digging!

Today is knitting group, and first I will be visiting Lowe's and Walmart in search of more annuals. I need alyssum, pink begonias, nasturtium and hyacinth bean seeds, and whatever is on sale!

How to snooze:

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Pugs could give us americans "the art of relaxing" lessons.

    Love that you knit on your day off. I have a couple of knitting projects going for the end of the day when I am too tired to do anything else. Also, I knit because it is the only thing I can do with three dogs in my lap...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:22 PM

    great photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:36 AM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com