Tuesday, February 05, 2013
On the first 15 blocks I sewed each set of six strips one set at a time. Then I cut them and resewed them into a block and put them on the design wall. That is one way to do it, but I was looking for more of a faster way with less steps from the machine to the cutting table.
I decided to cut my strips and sew them together as one set of tasks. 15 new sets. Then press them all, and trim them all and cut them into segments, all as one task standing at the cutting table. Next I will unpick and resew all 15 blocks, sitting at the machine. The finally, press all the finished blocks and put them on the wall.
After cutting the sections from the strip sets, I have a one inch leftover piece, which I considered saving and changed my mind. Into the garbage it went. I am not going to dink around with those pieces, and I feel wonderful not finding storage for them either. Yay! I will not be controlled by my scrapage!
I did resort to cutting more strips for this second set of 15 blocks. I needed more lights and mediums, and now of course I have a great new binful of 2.5 inch strips ready to go into the next quilt.
I noticed I have a big goof in this block and will be unsewing it today. It wouldn't matter in the final quilt, except that I would be looking for it every time I saw the thing. Grrr.
at 7:30 AM