Here it is finished, front and back view. While the shape is quite evident when pinned to the wall like this, the knit itself hangs evenly when worn. Actually this is the unblocked version, which will get blocked today.
I am having such fun with doubled sock yarns, and this one uses fingering yarns with Zara Baby merino as well as lots of leftover balls of sock yarn, including some of my hand dyed fingering yarns. Size 8 needles.
Why I love knitting with sock yarns:
1. loving the color changes since some of the yarns are self patterning, or are variegated. It gives a tweedy result and blends beautifully.
2. sock yarns tend to have a tighter twist which results in less pilling and more spring to the fabric.
3. reducing the amount of sock yarn in my stash, along with some dk that just never was enough for another project.
4. somehow this seems more frugal and therefore opens up the possibility for experimentation.
5. machine washable and dryable, if I should ever need to do that.
6. no need to worry about dyelot!
7. fast fast fast.