Saturday, November 17, 2012

Sockyarn Shortsleeve Cardi

Here is #2 in the Sock-Yarn-into-Sweaters project. I love the fact that all those skeins of sock yarn have become something I will actually wear! I have enough hand knit socks, which seem to be lasting For. Ever. since most of the time I wear flip flops. I saw someone wearing a long sleeve Tee under a short sleeve cardigan, and thought, Hey, I don't have one of those, so now I do.
I used oodles of  unlikely pairs of yarns, always held double:
Leftovers of Trekking XXL
Regia Hand-dye Effect
Regia Crazy Color 4-ply / 4-f├Ądig
Mini Mochi
Drops Fabel
And a whole skein of Cherry Tree Hill merino fingering (420 yards).
It feels great to make space in my big sock yarn drawer. I used size 8US needles for this cardi.

I've gathered together a starter for another sweater (that blue skein is really dark purple, not blue at all). It is leaning towards rust/brown, not a color I wear, so I am offering it as a sale lot.
Here's the value, and then the sale price.

Plymouth Happy Feet, 5 skeins, 2 colorways, superwash merino at $7.99= $40
Louet Gems merino fingering, 1 plus a 1/3 skein $9.95
Malabrigo Merino Sock $18.95
Schurwolle Superwash 2 skeins $3.50= $7
Mini Mochi merino solid $8.00
$84.90 value for $42.00+ $8 shipping =$50 paypal only. Email me.

Posted by Picasa


  1. However you did it, Melody, you done good! Love, love, love the colors! Thanks for sharing the inspiration!

  2. Now you are making me feel stupid - I have so. much. sock. yarn and whilst I need more socks, some new winter layering tops would be good too... So I guess I know what I should be doing with some of that sock yarn!

  3. Anonymous10:20 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

  4. This is just lovely! What a great way to use the yarn.

  5. This cardigan is beautiful. Would you be willing to say what pattern you used for it? I love your blog and your work!

  6. Lovely colour movement!


So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com