Friday, November 16, 2012

My New Guilty Pleasure

As if I don't spend enough time online looking at Pinterest, now I am spending as much or more time looking at what people are willing to sell or trade on Ravelry.
One can search for a specific yarn, and find stashes which may be available at reduced prices from people who are destashing or have lost interest in a particular color or type of yarn. More for me! I have found some of my fave yarns at nearly half the price with free shipping included.
Just an email to the owner can result in lots of neato mail coming soon to my mailbox. I'll let you know what I got when it shows up.



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. First of all, I hope your recovery is speedy, but enjoy this time of leisure! Yes, Pinterest is a good source of entertainment and will fill that already full-to-the-brim creative mind with even more avenues to explore. That is one thing I admire about you....so good at so many things! So happy to learn I can sell yarn on Ravelry. I have bee destashing sewing stuff on Sew-it's-for-sale on Yahoo, but just last night was wondering how I could get my yarn pile down. Now I know! I will dig out the bags and baskets, and get selling! You are my first blog I check every day. I am not as regular with blogging as you are! Jerilynn. Jerisew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:42 PM

    What is this destashing of which everyone speaks? I only know how to add to stashes. The other concept is foreign to me. (-said the women with one bedroom full of fabric and yarn and art supplies and batting and a dress form and tables and machines and...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a reason why I avoid the destash things on Ravelry. I am pretty much at SABLE for knitting, spinning and quilting (though quilting uses up so much batting and plain fabric I'll never be able to buy enough of them to use up the prints and hand dyes I already have)!

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com