In the meantime, I pulled some prints and they fell into place with the pinks-greens already assembled and I do believe I NEED to make a yellow quilt with pink and green accents. Not too much red, as I just did a mostly red quilt.
Although, now that I look at it again, it's not all that red, but the red in it is really really red. Hmmm. Maybe I should call it a primaries with green quilt.
ANYWAY...I am leaning on doing a yellow since I have been collecting yellow prints. But then this stripe jumped out of the pack, and it has a lot of pink in it, so hold the phone. Aw geesh.
Let's just acknowledge that when I get started, the quilt will assert itself and I will just have to stumble along behind it.
I was thrilled to get this email this morning:
Your post yesterday was so helpful. I think I was confused because I’d seen so many different options for QAYG that I was getting them all mixed together. When you posted the three techniques all in one place, my brain lights finally lit up.
Today I took some blocks I made up last year and put them together in a placemat sized quilt with two of the methods you showed – Narrow connector strip and flip and sew border. I feel like I actually attended your workshop!www.thequiltingedge.com for firing the first shot.
There were a lot of drugs in my system when I repainted this...ibuprophen mostly, as my knee is bad.
I must have pink and green on the brain...