Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Before and After . . . more or less


The painting continues, with the second tier beginning today. While we love the new color, both Dave and I agree that the lack of contrast leaves something to be desired. In the first photo I have a painting hanging on the front porch, and tho it is not pictured, another one hung on the back porch. Both were quite bright and don't look so great against the new color. Still, we must do something to spark up the walls, in our minds at least.

 The west wall.. This is the painting that was there and it withstood lots of rain and wind and baking hot sun. Acrylic is so durable. I like the composition enough to repaint it right over the old colors, to make it look right against that wall.
It shouldn't take long. Stay tuned.










Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:36 AM

    When I lived with hot, hot summers I'd refill the hot tub in the spring, NOT turn on the heater. I'd keep the cover on for it's insulation and how refreshing it was! The cool water on a hot summer day! Used it year round that way. It was in the shade.
    Maggie in Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really thought maybe you'd use your signature pink for the trim on the house. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OR, now that the porch is already painted, you could have painted the porch walls a contrast color.
    HHMMMMM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing that you have paintings outside. I never would have thought of it. I don't have porches either though.

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com