Wednesday, August 29, 2012

My Date with Dave

Poster for Hit and Run

Last week I went to the movies with my girlfriends and saw Hope Springs. It has Meryl Streep dragging Tommy Lee Jones to intensive marriage counseling in search of a real marriage. It got me thinking.
I really take my marriage for granted.
So I decided against marriage counseling and for a Date Day.
Since I had so much fun going to the movies, which Dave and I NEVER have done once in the last 6 to 10 years (!), that had to happen. Add to that, Dave bought me that new old bike at the flea market and he wanted to go biking, so why not combine them?
I always like going out to lunch, so squeezing that in between became the plan.

We got started mid morning on a warm day and got to town hours before the movie started. Instead of riding along the riverwalk, we opted to use the nearly vacant parking lot of the shopping center where the theater was. I hadn't yet tested out the bike and it needed some adjustments to fit my short legs.
It was fun  and warm exercise and a little went a long way, so we went for lunch at Taco Bell where I could introduce Dave to the Cantina Bowl, which I knew he would like.
We had a little over 35 minutes left before the movie started so we popped into America's Thrift Store (my fave rumdum) and Dave found four shirts, two brand new jeans shorts and I got my lusted after long sleeve pink shirt! We loves us some rumdum shopping.
It was off to the movie then, and my choice for us was Hit and Run which was previewed last week and I knew would provide laughs. Dave would most certainly enjoy the car chase scenes. It was light and fun, and better seen with a large screen and big sound than on Netflix, for sure. And we did laugh, which is just what friends do together. O, there was one other person in our section of the theater and it was a contest between us over who laffed loudest.
That was so satisfying, but wait there's more...our wall phone at home was a dud (flea market, $2) so we went to Staples and got a new one and then came home.
Our avocados were ripe so I made guacamole and beer for dinner and we rehashed the day. Such fun!
We are doing it again next week.



8 comments:

  1. How perfectly lovely! No telling how many marriages you've inspire today. I've discovered that my husband and I have the best conversations at lunch (Cheesecake Factory) after church every Sunday. We bring up all sorts of topics stimulated by the service. It's fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LynneP8:31 AM

    Sounds like a fab date day! What a great relationship you two have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great idea, sounds like you really had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lovely day! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:41 AM

    Such a nice day. Good for you two, and good for us -- because now, I am going to plan a date day. Thank you. Rhonda M.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like such a fun day! My husband and I used to do date night. It could have involved a picnic and walk at the beach, something simple and cheap. We've been a bit lazy lately although we do gold once a week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a nice day. Good for you two, and good for us -- because now, I am going to plan a date day. Thank you. Rhonda M.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a nice day. Good for you two, and good for us -- because now, I am going to plan a date day. Thank you. Rhonda M.

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com