Monday, July 16, 2012

Red and Blue

Red and Blue
acrylic paint, ink, watercolor pencils, gel medium,
mounted on acid free mat,
8x10"
Exercising restraint, I kept to a color scheme! And I reduced my mark making to a minimum.
What I am loving about this process is the white edges of the painted torn  papers. In my quilts I rarely used white, but I find it is just the right touch with these collages. And it is echoed by the use of the white ink markings which I also love.
The excitement of making these collage paintings has me running to the studio as soon as the dawgs have been walked and fed. I can't wait to see what will happen. No planning, just diving in and letting go.
I have lots of starts in the works, waiting til they are completely dry before I 'do something' to them. In the meantime, the papers that I initially painted are ready for action.
Today's work included some watercolor pencil work, which is very subtle, but I know it's there. And I used a bit of dry brush too, over a corrugated paper, shown here in this detail. It's the blue in the upper left corner.
So many forgotten techniques to try, and many things that were buried in my subconcious are now floating to the surface.



Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. You got me interested in dragging out all the old paint and paper and canvas projects that got started, but never finished. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad your creative mojo has returned!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the big bold blocks of color.

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com