Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Lacy Bolero


The finished product at 7:30 am. I couldn't wait to try it on with an outfit.
The idea came from this pattern, but I didn't like knitting the stitch pattern, as I kept acquiring more stitches as I knit. So I switched to the Crest of the Wave pattern:
 which I still managed to screw up frequently, but was much easier to unknit and find my way back. It isn't a difficult stitch, but when you are watching TV and trying to knit (with a glass of wine at hand), it does provide more of a challenge.


I was happy to have enough yarn to make sleeves, which are just picked up along the shoulder line. I used all but a few yards of this yummy stuff,  Karabella merino wool, seven skeins or 686 yds, color number 50, size 10 needles.


 I always love my latest finished product the most, but this one really surprised me. It fits perfectly, and I know I will get a lot of wear from it. The yarn is so smooth and soft and with the lacy pattern, light enough to wear in the summer. Sigh. So happy.



 Of course the dawgs must get in the shot.
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

  1. Love the pattern and color, great work! I'm still working on understanding knitting. I've been crocheting for a many years, but the patterns for knitting are calling me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:21 AM

    Very very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:02 AM

    LOVE the sexy pose at the end. You look fabulous!!!!

    ~RBC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't you the snazzy one, especially with that amazing "back" shot!! Love it....and you are LOOKING so GOOD!!! Wish I was motivated to get skinny!! I'm jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:49 AM

    Melody i have been reading your blog for years and have never posted a comment on any blog but I can't let this go by. This is absolutely the most attractive home knit sweater i have seen! Great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great sweater! And you look marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great with that skirt too! Love the color!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Przepiekny.Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done! Love your portrate with the dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that is really cute on you! Love the color and could have used it up here since it was 48 degrees today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, this is such a fabulous bolero. It's my favorite one you've knitted so far. Guess that's because it's in my favorite color, but it looks absolutely perfect on you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com