Friday, November 25, 2011

18,000 Calories Later. . .

We had a glorious day, full of sunshine and warm breezes, and a beautiful dining table was set by my sister Brooke. Her new apartment is so spacious and lovely and a perfect setting for a small family like ours to enjoy the holiday together.
It took three trips from our car to bring up all the food! We had BIG dinner plans.

Ahhh, the turkey breast, roasted to perfection. It was salted and cured in the refrigerator for 2.5 days and cooked in a roasting bag to just succulent perfection. Dave carved it for us, being the retired butcher and now there are just scraps left to gobble up today.
Two kinds of cranberries, two kinds of potatoes, sweet and white and the usual suspects, green bean casserole and sausage stuffing. Yum!


A new tradition may have begun. As we were waiting for the turkey to roast, we all gathered in front of the TV which my BIL Terry is using as a computer monitor. Of course we went online and first looked at both Terry's and my Flickr sites and those were spectacular to see so large.An example of the photos on Terry's photostream...just breathtaking.
And then we went to PINTEREST...!!!
 We spent so much time laffing at the humor page and other silly stuff, and I can see crazy things growing from this experience. (Are we geeky or what?)
Pinned Image
DUDE!!
 Then we ate, got sleepy and made it home just at dusk.
Altho the Dawgs missed us, they had full bellies after two plates of leftovers.



7 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you.

    Its a beutiful table, made by your sister.
    The dinner looked amazing.

    Love Lis

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaaghh your making me feel really hungry.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice to be able to get together with your sister and it all looks delicious. I've been following a vegetarian diet with my husband but I plan, unlike him, to have turkey at Christmas. I will be cooking it for the rest of the family. He's stricter than I am. We have other vegetarians, and so, I will make something for both.
    I'm so looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brooke and Terry's place is lovely and the table was very inviting. I too had a great dinner with good friends and afterwards I resembled that dawg on the right. I couldn't wait to get home, get out of my clothes and park my double-wide in the recliner...Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the expandomatics didn't burst! Do they not have dog versions??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy Morningstar8:49 PM

    What a wonderful feast! Thank you for sharing it with us. What is the dish full of pink stuff?
    I am thankful that you share pictures and stories of your art and your life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pinterest! Definitely something to be thankful for! (How very shallow of me). I love to read my laugh-out-loud board, then go read others. I usually end up with tears rolling down my face . Happy pinning!

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com