Thursday, October 20, 2011

Lunch at the New Apartment

My sister Brooke has a new place and we jumped the gun and brought in lunch and chairs to view the wonderful emptiness. This is the dining room with a window and hardwood floors, sigh. I am so impressed with the size of everything.
There is a long hallway, also wood, new milk chocolate carpeting in the living room and all three bedrooms and tile for the rest of the floors. New paint on the walls too. And it comes with blinds on all the windows.
Her kitchen is big enough to eat in, or add shelving for more storage, altho I think she has plenty, including a pantry! The big surprise for us both is that she has an automatic icemaker in her refrigerator! I am jealous of the dishwasher of course.

There are two full baths, and this is the hall bath. I know my niece Glory will love this counterspace for all her stuff.
The master bedroom is huge, and has a walk-in closet big enough to accommodate the washer and dryer (hookups included). And built in shelving! O my.
The apartment is in North Chattanooga and Glory can walk to school and the commute for my sis and her dh is less than 15 minutes, and no highway driving (at 80MPH) which is majorly important.
Three bedrooms means Brooke gets one for her quilting studio. Yay!!

We were both going to be at the quilting retreat for the next three days but it got cancelled, and so now she is taking the days off to pack and prepare to move.





6 comments:

  1. Very nice and spacious!! Good for her :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always need a "guest room" for sewing! Nice place.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What happened? Why did it get cancelled?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's more spacious than my house! I love the modern chairs too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Brooke's new place. Sounds like it is a major win/win all around. She will be busy so thanks for catching us up while her blog waits patiently for her return.
    what...no pugs? ;(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those chairs!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com