Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My Next Project

 
 
I can't leave well enough alone. But now that the gardens are looking so much better, it doesn't make sense to leave this weedy shade garden in such disarray.  Watching the show Curb Appeal on HGTV has given me ideas. I have plans for Dave and Mike. This is the area that one sees when driving up to the house. It has a certain unplanned look. I want to bring it up to the level of the rest of the house and garden. And that means starting over with a clean slate. Three trees need to go and lots of stumps and vines removed, not to mention the previous 'rustic' stone wall. The original owner used the word rustic often, referring to anything he was leaving as is. I'm thinking he was just not into garden design. Enter...Moi!
My plan includes building a much better wall along the walkway, and leveling off the remaining area so that we can have a flat spot to sit. Perhaps a water feature, a pergola or at least a trellis with clematis since this is a sunny spot for several hours each day. There is a really nice rhododendron that will be moved, and if it makes it to the new spot, great. If not, I will be replacing it with another.


9 comments:

  1. Hmmmm..... I tried viewing today's post on both Internet Explorer and FireFox, but can't see the photos in either case. Bummer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what is wrong with blogger today, and I am reposting again and again and it still won't show the pictures. Grrrr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:53 AM

    Bummer, no photos..... still

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I look forward to seeing your in progress pictures. I love gardening shows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man! I just love looking at your pictures. I hope you get them to working.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miss the pics with your daily "updates". See you tomorrow, I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got pictures! It looks like you live in a very beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11:19 PM

    I couldn't see the pics this morning, but I can now. It'll be great to see your garden grow (Mary, Mary...)

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have plans for Dave and Mike too. Do they make house calls?

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com