50.5x37" unquilted hand dyed cottons, fused
After fooling around in the garden all week, studiously avoiding even entering the studio, I was forced by the weather and guilt to get back to work inside. The piece I had started some time ago (when was this?) was still waiting patiently for me to get it on the wall and decide what had to be done.
Here it is in the "way before" stage. O so wimpy. Nothing there to interest me. I took a picture or two and fooled around on the computer, cropping and switching postions and finally threw in the towel and began a major deconstruction.
These parts seemed to have something but lacked focus and drama. More removing of wimpiness and then filling in the emptiness with stronger more definite shapes and values. Finally I got to this arrangement and took a picture and in the computer I could see an area (white dashes )that needed tweaking and so I changed that and was satisfied.
What a good feeling to de-wimpify this composition.
UPDATE: On the one skein of red yellow and blue sock yarn...Deb from Ontario Canada found a skein for me of exactly the right yarn!! I knew the blog would work this out for me. Thanks Deb. It is found here http://www.yarnela.com/page/page/864430.htm