I took your advice and made two pillows from the two tops. But for the back I wanted simpler views. For some time I had this idea to use prairie points with button holes in the center as closures. This was the perfect time to use them. The quilt fronts were slightly larger than 23" so all my fat quarters were just a little too short to cover the entire back. Enter the flap and points. Although I didn't quilt the back, it is lined with fusible interfacing and the top is lined with heavy cotton, so that the points are quite sturdy.
There are several different aquas and turquoises in these two pillows and tho I didn't plan on having pink in the color scheme of yellows and aquas, a little pink couldn't hurt.