Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Cookie Day


It's that time of year when the world falls in love,
every song you hear seems to say, Merry Christmas,
May your new year's dreams come true.
We have had plenty of Christmas music around our house since the cable TV station plays it for us and we don't have to scramble to find the tunes on our mp3 player. Pretty nice and it got me in the mood to start Christmas baking. I am down to just doing the old standards, and seem to have only two varieties left to make, Mexican (or Russian) teacakes and pecan tarts.
Luckily I had the necessary ingredients on hand and didn't have to venture into the cold day.  You may be able to see a little doggie face in the right hand corner of the rum balls picture. He was playing sick-boy all day so he could sleep in my cozy comforter undisturbed. But the smell of cookies snapped him right back to good health. No cookies for the pup tho since most of them had some sort of chocolate in the mix. And lots and lots of butter.

While the cookies baked I picked up the needles and finished off the nearly done Eternity  for Ann in cobalt blue. Such a pretty color.
And then cast on #9 Eternity for Amie, in a heavy silk and merino called Admiral, aka navy. It is going to Chicago, where it is seriously cold.
I am not the least bit bored knitting the same scarf over and over again. No matter what one knits, it's always the same two stitches, knit and purl. I can easily watch TV while doing this one, and just go with the rhythm. My arm is all better again. Yay!

Today is knitting and we are meeting at Hobby Lobby, where there is stuff I need for my bedroom sewing, and then I think I may go to the new Costco in GA and check it out. It's warmer down there.

4 comments:

  1. Ha! Not warmer down here. Freezing rain and sleet for the afternoon (and I'm south of where you'll be!).
    Your cookies are making me hungry, and not for the oatmeal I'm eating :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. jeez...I swore I wasn't going to buy any more patterns but I've seen all the lovely Eternity scarves you've made and today I'm going to succumb-too late for this Christmas, but several family members will be sporting them after next Christmas-thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've taunted me post after post with the gorgeous Eternity scarf, and today I cratered: I had to purchase the pattern. Now, to find the perfect yarn in my stash.

    I read your blog faithfully. Thanks for the good ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy looking cookies! And I may need to try the Eternity scarf one of these days. I like the 'same two stitches' concept!
    On another note, I have to ask: how do you write over your pix? I love that, but have no idea how to do it!
    Stay warm...

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com