Sunday, February 28, 2010

QAWM: A Photofinish!

With just minutes left I managed to cross the finish line with the Shoofly Quilt.
Hurray!!! A twin sized bed quilt measuring 63x93.5" before quilting, in sweet pastels, just what I wanted.
I had a great time making it and it fits the bed just right.


 A while ago I made a pink cover for my headboard, so I will dig that out of the closet, and perhaps make few throw pillows to match. I do have a bit of leftover fabrics, but on the other hand most of these were purchased to fill in my light values....and will have to be replaced!!!
Thanks to everyone for Quilting Along with Melody this month and aren't we glad we had to stay inside and sew? I certainly am. Make sure you visit the QAWM page (link at the top of this page) and see what everyone made. Thanks again for playing along and let's do it again next year.
Happy March tomorrow! Yay! February is almost over.

8 comments:

  1. How pretty and spring-y! Sweet dreams, Melody.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:38 PM

    Can you post together all of the quilts you made this month? It would be nice to see them as a group!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:21 PM

    Lovely! It is a perfect fit for your room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the effect - and goes well on the bed. Now what are you going to hang over it? That's what I want to see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just thinking it didn't seem to go with your red headboard, and then read that you already have a pink cover! Clever! And now you can have pink and pastels for spring and red and everything else for other seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anon, go to my Flickr site and see all my QAWM quilts together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful fassett mix - I love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:24 AM

    Everything is very open with a clear clarification of
    the challenges. It was truly informative. Your site is useful.
    Thank you for sharing!

    Also visit my page - Green Coffee WEight Loss

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com